HUD Public Housing Program
Housing Assistance Program
The Public Housing Program is a great housing assistance program that also provides participant families with free access to our Oceanspray Family Center programs.
If you make application for this program you can expect to wait shorter times than for the HUD Choice Voucher Program depending on the eligible bedroom size for your family. The waiting period varies and is determined by qualifying bedroom size and availability of units.
Your family must be income eligible to be qualified for the program.
Check the chart on this Information Sheet
* (pdf file) by the number of people in your household for eligible income limits.
The tenant pays 30% of their annual income as monthly rent. Your portion of rent will be determined by your gross annual adjusted income. The family is also responsible for a security deposit required by the housing authority based on unit size.
Wait List and Process
Once a complete application is received and the family is income qualified to receive assistance, they are entered on the Public Housing waiting list by family bedroom size. Each bedroom size waiting list is kept in date and time order of receiving your completed application.
- It is important that you keep the Housing Authority updated with your correct mailing address during your waiting time since you will only be notified by mail when assistance is available.
- You can also apply for more than one type of housing assistance and be on several waiting lists so make sure to check out our other housing assistance programs.
One hundred nineteen (119) Public Housing units are located throughout Lincoln County with most, recently remodeled. These units are owned and managed by the Housing Authority so the landlord is the Housing Authority. Unit sizes are 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedrooms. Some 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units have handicap accessible features and a few are for those with visual impairments. Water, garbage, and sewer are included with the rent for all units. Residents pay electric and/or natural gas, and are responsible for all required deposits.
Once reaching the top of the waiting list for your bedroom size your application will be screened for rental admission criteria such as criminal activity and previous rental history. We do not currently use credit history for screening admission and we do not charge an application fee.
- If you mail in your application you must also provide copies of picture I.D. for everyone 18 years or older; proof of income (last 3 months pay stubs); award letter from Social Security and recent bank statements.
- Any request for reasonable accommodation under the Fair Housing Law for a disability may be made by writing the Housing Authority, specifying the nature of the accommodation requested.
Housing Authority of Lincoln County: One of our housing complexes
Housing Authority of Lincoln County: Playground at one of our housing complexes
The Housing Authority of Lincoln County does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, color, familial status, disability, marital status, or source of income.
* pdf files on this page require Adobe Reader to view. Free download.